The Canterlot Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Canterlot Collective

Official meeting place of the Brony Brigade

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Episode of the Week

Go down 
+6
Shadewing
Princess Celestia
Lunaria
Crystal Heart
Jun Da
Axle Gear
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Axle Gear
Admin
Axle Gear

Episode of the Week - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 7:03 pm

Week of March 30, 2014
New episode: Leap of Faith (Season 4, Episode 20)

Applejack is skeptical of Flim & Flam's Miracle Curative Tonic until Granny Smith tests it, and it seems to work.

My rating: 2/5
Not these two again... -_-

Spotlight episode: The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 (Season 2, Episode 15)

The "World Famous" Flim-Flam Brothers come to Ponyville and try to run the Apple family out of the cider-making business.

My rating: 1.5/5
Those two con artists are possibly the worst characters in the show.
Back to top Go down
https://bronybrigade.forumotion.com
Axle Gear
Admin
Axle Gear

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:30 pm

Week of April 6, 2014
New episode: Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3 (Season 4, Episode 21)

Twilight tries to help Rainbow Dash study for her Wonderbolts History test, but Rainbow has trouble learning.

My rating 4.5/5
I don't know why, but I found this episode hilarious.

Spotlight episode: Sonic Rainboom (Season , Episode 16)

Rainbow Dash wants to perform a Sonic Rainboom at the Best Young Flyers competition, but can't seem to pull it off.

My rating: 5/5
This was the first episode I ever watched. It will always hold a special place in my heart.

Last edited by Axle Gear on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sine Radian

Sine Radian

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:46 pm

I liked how the "Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3" episode gave me pointers on how to study for my 3 AP Exams...
Back to top Go down
Valencia Orange

Valencia Orange

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 11:34 pm

Sine Radian wrote:
I liked how the "Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3" episode gave me pointers on how to study for my 3 AP Exams...

Who says cartoons can't teach you anything?  Twilight Smile
Back to top Go down
Axle Gear
Admin
Axle Gear

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Week of April 13, 2014
There was no new episode this week, due to the airing of the season finale of "Littlest Pet Shop" in the normal time slot.

Spotlight episode: The Cutie Mark Chronicles (Season 1, Episode 23)

The girls tell the Cutie Mark Crusaders how they got their cutie marks.

The backstories are amazing, and they tie together in an interesting way.

Bonus spotlight, to make up for the lack of new episode this week!  Rarity Wink 
Spotlight episode: Lesson Zero (Season 2, Episode 3)

As the deadline for her weekly letter to Celestia approaches, an unprepared Twilight begins to panic.

My rating: 4.5/5
Insane Twilight kinda scared me...  Pinkamena
Back to top Go down
Axle Gear
Admin
Axle Gear

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 9:31 pm

Week of April 20, 2014
New episode: Trade Ya (Season 4, Episode 22)

The girls go to the Rainbow Falls Trader's Convention, but everypony has trouble getting what they want.

I love flea markets. You could find just about anything there.

Spotlight episode: Too Many Pinkie Pies (Season 3, Episode 3)

Pinkie discovers the Mirror Pool, a magical pond that creates a duplicate of whoever looks into it.

My rating: 4.5/5
It's the Pinkiepocalypse! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!  Pinkie Gasp

Last edited by Axle Gear on Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Axle Gear
Admin
Axle Gear

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Happy Easter, everypony! I know it isn't exactly Easter related, but enjoy this special spotlight episode anyways!

April 20, 2014 - Easter Sunday
Special Spotlight episode: Read It and Weep (Season 2, Episode 16)

Rainbow Dash is hospitalized with a broken wing and must resort to reading to pass the time, even though she hates reading.

My rating: 4/5
I want a real-life Daring Do series.
Back to top Go down
Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:42 pm

Fun fact: The character "Stellar Eclipse" (the pony from the Discord lamp stand, with his back legs on wheels) was voiced by Sylvain Levasseur Portelance, a teen with spinal muscular atrophy type 3. The Make-a-Wish Foundation reached out to Hasbro to make this possible. Thank you. Make-a-Wish Foundation, for making our friend's wish come true.
Back to top Go down
Shadewing

Shadewing

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:47 pm

Twilight Sparkle wrote:
Fun fact: The character "Stellar Eclipse" (the pony from the Discord lamp stand, with his back legs on wheels) was voiced by Sylvain Levasseur Portelance, a teen with spinal muscular atrophy type 3. The Make-a-Wish Foundation reached out to Hasbro to make this possible. Thank you. Make-a-Wish Foundation, for making our friend's wish come true.

So there is still good left in the world...

Episode of the Week - Page 3 Faith-in-humanity-restored-010

Episode of the Week - Page 3 Tumblr_m59ct3JBA91qdb53v

Looks like I won't be joining Nightmare on the moon after all. Sorry, Nightie.
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna

Princess Luna

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:55 pm

Shadewing wrote:
Looks like I won't be joining Nightmare on the moon after all. Sorry, Nightie.

Episode of the Week - Page 3 Angry_nightmare_moon_by_90sigma-d55eshq

SHADEWING!! WE HAD A DEAL!!

All joking aside, I'm glad that Make-a-Wish did that for Mr. Portelance. It almost makes up for what they did to Derpy... Almost.
It's adorable, not insulting... *grumble grumble*
Back to top Go down
Axle Gear
Admin
Axle Gear

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 8:27 pm

Week of April 27, 2014
New episode: Inspiration Manifestation (Season 4, Episode 23)

Rarity goes mad with power after she learns a spell that gives her imagination physical form.

This makes four of the Mane 6 that have lost their sanity at some point in the series.

Spotlight episode: Applebuck Season (Season 1, Episode 4)

An exhausted Applejack is determined to harvest all of Sweet Apple Acres on her own.

Exhausted Applejack reminds me of myself when I don't get enough sleep.

There's only two more weeks left in Season 4, and as such, I'd like to present...

THE BEST OF SEASON 4

BEST MOMENTS
Twilight's first official acts as Princess!
We learn that Daring Do is real!
Rarity Takes Manehattan!
Pinkie may or may not be related to Applejack!
Weird Al Yankovic guest-stars!
Fluttershy's beautiful singing voice!
Twilight Time!
We meet Pinkie's sister, Maud!
Luna visits Sweetie Belle's dreams!
Rainbow Dash is taking steps toward becoming a Wonderbolt!

Five mysteriously shiny objects!

Episode of the Week - Page 3 Spool_of_thread_glowing_S4E08Episode of the Week - Page 3 Wonderbolt_pin_with_rainbow_glow_S4E10Episode of the Week - Page 3 Boneless_with_rainbow_shimmer_S4E12Episode of the Week - Page 3 Flower_glowing_S4E16Episode of the Week - Page 3 Bit_glow_S4E20

As the season winds down, I suggest you go back and re-watch each episode in preparation for "Equestria Games" this Saturday, and "Twilight's Kingdom" next Saturday! Until then, keep smiling!
Back to top Go down
Axle Gear
Admin
Axle Gear

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:05 pm

Week of May 4, 2014
New episode: Equestria Games (Season 4, Episode 24)

Spike is given the task of lighting the torch at the Equestria Games, but he gets stage fright. Meanwhile, the Ponyville & Cloudsdale teams compete for first place.

After over a year of buildup... It's here! And Spike gets to be awesome again!

Spotlight episode: The Last Roundup (Season 2, Episode 14)

Applejack leaves Ponyville suddenly after the Equestria Rodeo contest.

That ending is perfect. That's all I can say.

It's almost here! This Saturday, the finale of Season 4 will be aired. Below is the official summary. If you don't want to see it, don't click the spoiler tag!

Season 4 Finale: Twilight's Kingdom:
Back to top Go down
Axle Gear
Admin
Axle Gear

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySat May 10, 2014 4:04 pm

I just couldn't wait until tomorrow to post this. This was hands-down the best episode of Season 4.

May 10, 2014
New episode: Twilight's Kingdom (Season 4, Episodes 25 and 26)

Part 1: When a villain from Equestria's history returns to drain all magic from the world, it's up to the princesses to stop him.

Part 2: Celestia, Luna, and Cadance make a great sacrifice to ensure the safety of Twilight and all of Equestria.

There are no words to describe how perfect this was. This may have replaced A Canterlot Wedding as my favorite episode.

Now that the finale is over... How will these events affect Season 5?
Predictions (spoilers for the episode):

Aside from predictions related to the episode, I predict all of the following:

Trixie will return again
We'll see more of Applejack's family
We finally see Rainbow Dash/Fluttershy's parents (wishful thinking on my part, but hey, it could happen)
Apple Bloom is visited by Luna (the other Crusaders have been)
Another great evil will threaten Equestria (as is tradition with the premiere/finale of each season)
Backstory with Celestia/Luna/Cadance
Dash training to be a Wonderbolt
Fluttershy overcoming her stage fright and becoming one of the Ponytones
Rarity's career expanding to other cities

Other than that, I hope for more of the same amazing content that Hasbro has been providing since 2010. Unfortunately, we won't know anything for sure until next year.

Episode of the Week - Page 3 Season_5_Promo_MLP

BUT! Don't be sad! We have some other awesome things to look forward to. For example...

Episode of the Week - Page 3 Rainbow_Rocks_Mane_6_lineup
Equestria Girls 2: Rainbow Rocks!!

Plus, it's been confirmed that there will be a side series entitled Equestria Academy. It premieres in Paris this November, but there's still no release date for North American viewers.

As a side note, episode spotlights will return to one every week. However, once I've spotlighted every episode, I will be going back and spotlighting them all again. Plus, Season 4 episodes are now in the spotlight rotation, so we shouldn't run out of episodes before Season 5 starts (unless it starts late 2015...)

I'll see you tomorrow for the first post-S4 spotlight. Until then, take care, and remember...

The magic of friendship doesn't just exist in Equestria, it's everywhere. You can seek it out. Or you can forever be alone. The choice is yours.

-Twilight Sparkle, Equestria Girls
Back to top Go down
Shadewing

Shadewing

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySat May 10, 2014 4:07 pm

That's a lot of text, Axle. How long did it take you to type all of that and format it?
Back to top Go down
Axle Gear
Admin
Axle Gear

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySat May 10, 2014 4:10 pm

Shadewing wrote:
That's a lot of text, Axle. How long did it take you to type all of that and format it?

30-40 minutes. I work hard on these spotlights. A normal one (before Season 4) took about 10 minutes to type up. Once I switched to two episodes, it took 15-20 minutes to type up the post. I have high standards for production value, in case you couldn't tell. Twilight Oops 
Back to top Go down
Shadewing

Shadewing

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySat May 10, 2014 4:11 pm

Axle Gear wrote:
I have high standards for production value, in case you couldn't tell.

Oh, I could tell. That's why I look forward to every new spotlight. You're the only one I know of who does everything so thoroughly.
Back to top Go down
Axle Gear
Admin
Axle Gear

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySat May 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Shadewing wrote:
I look forward to every new spotlight.

You have no idea how much that means to me. I'm glad that people see and appreciate my work.
Back to top Go down
Sine Radian

Sine Radian

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySat May 10, 2014 4:40 pm

The finale was one of the episodes that caused not only a emotional response, but a physiological response.
Back to top Go down
Lunaria

Lunaria

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySat May 10, 2014 5:53 pm

I'm not going to lie. I cried a lot. That finale was just beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Sine Radian

Sine Radian

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySat May 10, 2014 6:55 pm

As a result of the finale, the name of the forum has to change.
Back to top Go down
Axle Gear
Admin
Axle Gear

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySat May 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Sine Radian wrote:
As a result of the finale, the name of the forum has to change.

As I explained in my predictions, the forum will remain as it is, unless I decide to change it to a different locale altogether (which may or may not be happening soon... Rarity Wink)
Back to top Go down
Axle Gear
Admin
Axle Gear

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Week of May 11, 2014
Spotlight episode: A Dog and Pony Show (Season 1, Episode 19)

On a hunt for gems, Rarity is kidnapped by Diamond Dogs and forced to dig for them.

Whining Rarity = Comedy Gold

In order to build some hype for Rainbow Rocks, I'd like to also spotlight the Equestria Girls shorts. Enjoy!

Music To My Ears (Feat. DJ PON-3)

Guitar Centered (Feat. Rainbow Dash)

Hamstocalypse Now (Feat. Fluttershy)

Pinkie on the One (Feat. Pinkie Pie [duh])

Player Piano (Feat. Rarity)

I don't know about you, but I'm hyped for the movie. I just hope there's a theater near me that will be playing it. Until next time, remember...

While friendship is about giving of ourselves to friends, it's also about accepting what our friends have to offer.
~Twilight Sparkle, Applebuck Season
Back to top Go down
Axle Gear
Admin
Axle Gear

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySat May 24, 2014 9:29 pm

Ah! I forgot to post a spotlight last Sunday! I'm so sorry!  Twilight Oops 
I know it's really late, but here it is.

Week of May 18, 2014
Spotlight episode: The Mysterious Mare Do-Well [Season 2, Episode 8]

Rainbow Dash's position as the town hero is challenged by a mysterious masked pony.

I love the idea of a masked hero with no real superpowers rescuing people. Maybe that's why I like Batman so much...

I'd like to take this moment to draw attention to the absolutely subarashii Japanese dub of the show, My Little Pony: Tomodachi wa Mahou. They may only have seasons 1 and 2 dubbed as of now, but the voicing is great and very accurate. Here's the Japanese dub of the above spotlight episode, with English subtitles.

Tomodachi wa Mahou S2E08 - Enter the Mysterious Masked Pony!

Back to top Go down
Axle Gear
Admin
Axle Gear

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 6:37 pm

I'm really getting bad at remembering to post spotlights. Sorry again, everyone. I'll try to remember next time.

Week of May 25, 2014
Spotlight episode: Suited for Success (Season 1, Episode 14)

Rarity offers to make her friends dresses for the Gala, but she is quickly overwhelmed by the workload.

Drama queen Rarity = hilarious
Back to top Go down
Axle Gear
Admin
Axle Gear

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 6:41 pm

I swear, I have the memory of a goldfish. I always forget to post the spotlights. Here it is, and I promise it won't happen again.

Week of June 1, 2014
Spotlight episode: Boast Busters (Season 1, Episode 6)

A boastful stage magician named Trixie appears in Ponyville and tells fabricated stories to show off. Despite urges from her friends, Twilight refuses to upstage Trixie, because she doesn't want to be seen as a show-off as well.

The GREAT and POWERFUL TRIXIE demands a 5 star rating! The Great and Powerf 

I'll see you tomorrow with the next spotlight (if I remember). Until next time...

Waiting for what your heart desires can be really hard. So, you may try to take a shortcut. But this dishonesty never works, because you didn't earn what your heart desired. The only cure is being honest with yourself, and others. And that's something every heart desires.
~Apple Bloom, The Cutie Pox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode of the Week   Episode of the Week - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode of the Week
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next